Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

New From Nor Cal

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  HitOrGetHit 
#1 ·
Just wanted to say hey and introduce myself. My names Rick im 24 and im about to start jiu jitsu and muay thai training at a gym thats close to me called Combat Fitness ran by George Jsutsui George teaches MT there and Gil Castillo teaches BJJ. I wrestled for 3 years in high school I just started getting back into the gym about 3 months ago had been out for over 2 years due to a fracture in my lower back caused by a car rear ending me one day on my way to work. Im super excited to start training if anyones got any advise for me id love to hear it later!

#2 ·
Great to have you on the forums!

I hope your back healed nicely and doesn't bother you much, back pain is a real bitch, I can't even imagine getting something fractured.

I'm hoping to take some jiu jitsu or something related once my back is healed up, if I stay on track it should only be a few months!

Hope to see ya around!

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum! People are very knowledgeable and helpful on here.

You may want to post your training in the training logs subforum, to keep track of your own progress and for added motiviation.

Either way, have a great time, and don't hesitate to contact the staff if you have any questions or concerns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.