MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bellator sues UFC over TUF 12'er Brookins

View Single Post

Old 08-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
This is stupid as obviously since basically nobody has heard of the guy it makes it damn near impossible for Bellator to claim damages and filing before any film airs guarantees the UFC can keep him out of the spotlight so that as long as he doesn't make it to the finally it would be damn near impossible for them to claim the UFC profited since the show has a huge following regardless of individual fighters.

I also find it incredibly hard to believe that the UFC does not have a legal team that checks this stuff out and covers the Zuffa brass in case of any instances like this. I am positive the UFC most likely have signed statements from the agents and fighters that they have no valid contract with any other organizations and that the UFC is fully capable of due diligence. I think this is Bellator trying to grab hold of a piece of TUF popularity.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote