MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Best Martial Arts Style to train For Street Fights.

View Single Post

Old 08-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
you learn the same suff in civilian training just minus the kill shot and replace it with a crippling shot.
That's another thing I dislike about a lot of self-defense training. They seem to think everyone is a violent killer. I know for a fact I will never go for the crippling shot. I hesitate even to go for the knockdown sometimes.

I present the situation as I see it like this:

You're walking out of a bar, some drunk comes up to you and starts talking smack, and says he want to fight. Are you going to cripple him by shattering his knee or elbow, or are you going to land a surgical punch, shove his stumbly ass over with a leg sweep and get the hell out of there?

Another situation:

Some guy pulls a knife in an alley in an attempt to rob you. 1. If you just walked into an alley, there's an exit right behind you. He's not gonna stab you in front of thirty people on a sidewalk in a metropolitan area! 2. If he came up behind you, he's standing ten feet away with a knife. There's another exit from the alley at the other end. Run.

If the same man pulled a gun. Its over, thanks for the Krav Maga, but I'm going to go ahead and give him my money so I don't die thank you very much.

The overall theme is that while Krav Maga may have its potential benefits, its all very situational. And if your balls are so big you stand with a guy wielding a knife when you CAN run away, you deserve to be stabbed. The best techniques are the universal techniques. Surgical jab punch, leg sweep is pretty univeral.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote