MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - My training and conditioning
View Single Post
post #102 of (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
'Man of Stone'
Image Hosting by
Originally Posted by recon6991 View Post
You should talk to your strength trainer about learning olympic lifts, they have really solid carryover to applicable MMA strength. I know you didn't ask for it, but IMO, even just doing clean pulls and snatch pulls would help out. It seems like you are switching to more of a body building style of weight training, which, will certainly improve your looks but there are much better ways to strength train for MMA than that. Just my 2 cents, keep up the solid work.
Thanks. I was previously doing olympic lifts but my goal these two months to to gain ~10lbs of muscle and making good progress so far. I want to be able to cut ~10lbs of water weight pre-fight instead of just fighting at my natural 170. I get a lot of my explosive training and conditioning from my conditioning coach 1-2 times a week currently. After this 2 month cycle I will be going back to explosive olympic lifts and step back away from power lifting and mass building.

"A pint of sweat, saves a gallon of blood." - General George Patton
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome