The Sengoku show is back on HDnet live this time around, 2 AM for people in the Eastern timezone, 11 Pacific:
Mixed-martial-arts fans will get a double dose of nationally televised MMA action this coming weekend.
You just be ready for a late night.
This Saturday, Aug. 21, Showtime airs "Strikeforce: Houston" with a pair of title fights. And early Sunday morning at 2 a.m. ET (11 p.m. PT Saturday), HDNet presents a live broadcast of Sengoku Raiden Championship 14 and a headliner between middleweight champ Jorge Santiago and challenger Kazuo Misaki.
The Showtime broadcast airs at 10 p.m. ET/PT, so West Coast viewers will experience some overlap between the two broadcasts.
Sengoku Raiden Championship 14, which is the latest offering from the Japanese-based World Victory Road promotion, takes place at the Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo.
In the headliner, Santiago (22-8 MMA, 6-1 SRC) fights Misaki (22-10-2 MMA, 3-2 SRC) for the second time. The fighters met at a January 2009 Sengoku Raiden Championship event to determine the organization's first-ever middleweight champion. Misaki appeared on his way to a decision victory before Santiago secured a fight-ending rear-naked choke late in the fifth and final round.
Since that win, Santiago suffered a TKO loss to Mamed Khalidov in a non-title fight but avenged the defeat a few months later when the belt was on the line. Misaki is 1-1 with a submission win over Kazuhiro Nakamura and a TKO loss to Melvin Manhoef.
In addition to the title fight, Sengoku Raiden Championship 14 features first-round fights from the organization's welterweight grand prix and second-round matchups in the bantamweight tourney.
The full card includes:
* Champ Jorge Santiago vs. Kazuo Misaki (for Sengoku middleweight title)
* Akihiro Gono vs. Jadamba Narantungalag
* Hatsu Hioki vs. Jeff Lawson
* Taisuke Okuno vs. Nick Thompson (welterweight GP first round)
* Yasubey Enomoto vs. Kenta Takagi (welterweight GP first round)
* Leonardo Santos vs. Sotaro Yamada
* Motoki Miyazawa vs. Takuya Sato
* Shintaro Ishiwatari vs. Kil Woo Lee (bantamweight GP second round)
* Takuya Eizumi vs. Shoko Sato (bantamweight GP second round)
* Tatsuya So vs. Wataru Takahashi (bantamweight GP second round)
* Hirokazu Nishimura vs. Jae Hyun So (bantamweight GP second round)