MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Body Fat

Thread: Body Fat
View Single Post

Old 08-22-2010, 03:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Lone Wolf
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby

The Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Body Fat

Ok, so i'm 5ft8 and 150lbs, in good shape but no matter what i do, i cant get rid of that small layer of body fat. You know the one, it covers your abs, slightly masks your triceps, and of course adds those love handles to your obliques.

Well, i eat healthy and often. Usual daily intake goes something like this:

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal/multigrain toast with Humous or peanut butter.

Mid morning snack: Apple and banana or mug of soup and 1 slice of whoemeal/multigrain bread.

Lunch: Tuna and light mayo sandwich on wholemeal/multigrain bread and a banana or steamed chicken breast on whoemeal/multigrain bread and a banana.

Mid afternnon snack: Apple and banana or mug of soup and 1 slice of whoemeal/multigrain bread (whichever i didnt have mid morning)

Evening meal: Steamed chicken breast with potatoes and vegetables (usually spinach/broccoli/cauliflower) or Steamed salmon/tuna fillet with potatoes and veg.

Pre-sleep snack: 1 slice wholemeal/multigrain toast with cottage cheese.

The days i dont workout i make sure i'm burning 1000 calories in my cardio workout, which i s usually 3 - 4 days a week. Some cardio days i will do light training, ie. crunches / pushups / pullups.

But no matter what i do, that little bit of body fat refuses to disappear. I'm happy with my current weight and build, just looking to maintain muscle mass while cutting down on body fat.

Apparently eating 6 smaller meals a day helps boost the metabolism, hence the many meals - the peanut butter is a good source of fat (i believe the body needs a small amount to do its job properly) - and the cottage cheese before bed is apparently useful to prevent the body taking energy from the muscles and basically wasting them away while you sleep.

So i figure i'm doing everything i need to be doing, but my love handles tell me otherwise!

Any suggestions guys?
The Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote