MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Body Fat

Thread: Body Fat
View Single Post

Old 08-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
The Lone Wolf
RNC - the fighting mans lullaby

The Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of KnowledgeThe Lone Wolf Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
I have never been able to work my way into having abs. I was a stocky fellow in high school walking around between 175-185 at 5'9" and I was in good shape and very strong. But for me its all about diet. I'm in fat mode currently weighing about 168ish but if I wanted my ab definition back I'd go clean for a couple months down to 155-158ish. i wouldnt even touch my workout routine.
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, though i've not really been above 165. I;ve always been in relatively good shape, but the last few years i kinda let myself get a little wobbly I've only recently (the past 12 months or so) looked at changing my diet from pretty much being able to eat anything, to eating healthy. I think my metabolism slowed down somewhere during my lay off period!

So what would you suggest? Quit the weights, plyos and resistance training and do intense cardio for a couple of months? Maybe a little core exercise here and there but little to no lifting etc?
The Lone Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote