MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tyson in his prime in MMA

View Single Post

Old 08-23-2010, 04:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Soojooko
of Nazareth

Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCombat View Post
Tyson was the Heavyweight Champion when Boxing was the most famous it ever was and unfortunately, this embellishes (often inadvertantly) his credentials and skills as a boxer.

Tyson, although explosive and very powerful, is not nearly as skilled of a boxer as Toney is.

As a matter of fact, Toney would outwork Tyson, land more all purpose strikes, and utilize supreme footwork to frustrate Tyson and make him predictable (it would be a boring fight). I pick Toney over Tyson 8/10 times.

Now Hopkins on the other hand, a very smart fighter, methodical, tactical, with excellent conditioning; his length and reach probably wouldn't hurt either.

Although his attitude isn't always the greatest, I think a younger Hopkins would have more potential than the likes of Tyson or Toney.
I absolutely cant disagree with a post any more than this one! Tyson was awesome in all aspects of boxing. This idea that he was all about power and speed is false. He had fecking brilliant head and foot movement. His defence was a lot better than most think. Forget his unravelling after Cus died. That doesn't mean a thing. When Tyson was on it, he was a god. Period. He would absolutely crush Hopkins and Toney. No doubt about that in my mind.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote