MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Which one for me?

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
1. Not all atheists take it upon themselves to sh*t on other people's beliefs(unless they believe in scientology that is!). And by beliefs I was not refering to Buddhism, or some form of ancestorism(a word?) I meant in reference to Martial Skill alone.

2. Nothing need be said.

3. Well its fine to believe that wall sits are better. I just find that standing and moving in an actual deep stance may in fact better develop endurance and explosiveness simultaniously, rather than statically squating against a wall(logic).

4. I never stated, nor do I believe it denotes skill level. A belt is only good for holding up your pants 9/10ths of the time(pulling chicks being #10).

5. Are you aware of proper box jump form? Jump onto the box from a squat. Stand to your full height on the box. Hop off. You can do that 10 times in a few seconds? And they are far less dangerous for the joints(especially knees)than a weighted squat. And they are not in fact pointless, I've seen a highlight reel of Rua KOing a guy with a jumping roundhouse kick.
1. and neither do I, but like most other atheists I dont have much respect for them either.

3. well wall sits are definitely better than slow low moments. and i dont think those movements would qualify for training a persons explosiveness.

4. do chicks really dig guys who are black belts? if so i want to buy one from ebay

5. yep, did em far to many times back in high school. which guy was that? and he probably could, i mean a fighter of his calibre could be deadly with any kind of attack.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote