MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tyson in his prime in MMA

View Single Post

Old 08-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
mastodon2222
Bantamweight

mastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
I absolutely cant disagree with a post any more than this one! Tyson was awesome in all aspects of boxing. This idea that he was all about power and speed is false. He had fecking brilliant head and foot movement. His defence was a lot better than most think. Forget his unravelling after Cus died. That doesn't mean a thing. When Tyson was on it, he was a god. Period. He would absolutely crush Hopkins and Toney. No doubt about that in my mind.
I second that. Tyson >>> Toney, in every aspect. For starters, Toney is only 5'9" and started his career at 168lbs. and is a fat lightheavy. Tyson was knocking out the big boys (6'4" 250lbs) since he was 19. No contest. Mike would still get smashed into the cage and taken down for a beatdown in MMA, though. If he'd trained MMA since he was a youngster? Different story altogether.
mastodon2222 is offline   Reply With Quote