Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

P4P in chaos!

3K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  DJ Syko 
#1 ·
So in the past year we've seen three of the top 5 agreed P4P fighters either lose or go through hell.

My personal P4P looked like this 12 months ago:

1. Anderson Silva
2. Fedor Emelianenko
3. GSP
4. BJ Penn
5. Lyoto Machida

Then! Machida won a razor thin victor, then lost to Rua.

1. Anderson Silva
2. Fedor Emelianenko
3. GSP
4. BJ Penn
5. Mauricio Rua

Then Emelianenko got subbed. And the P4P world started crumbling.

1. Anderson Silva
2. GSP
3. BJ Penn
4. Fedor Emelianenko
5. Mauricio Rua

Then Silva was pushed to the brink of defeat in a "Look at your shitty wrestling!" fest.

1. GSP
2. Anderson Silva
3. BJ Penn
4. Fedor Emelianenko
5. Mauricio Rua

Then Penn, after being given the benefit of the doubt at 112 is outclassed at 118!

1. GSP
2. Anderson Silva
3. Fedor Emelianenko
4. BJ Penn
5. Mauricio Rua

The whole point of all this being. While we all know and agree P4P is constantly in flux. How has your list been changed by 2 of the generally accepted top 5ers losing and one almost losing?

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm not going to get into a drawn out P4P debate, especially with you. The point was that P4P is in chaos. The fighters who were accepted as the best are dropping like flies (or almost dropping). The point was: How has this effected YOUR P4P. Mine was just an example.

#4 ·
My Top 3 hasn't changed for quite a while. It's still Silva, GSP and Shogun for me. With Edgar and Aldo making up the Top 5. The only recent changes for me have been Fedor and Penn dropping out of the Top 5, replaced by Shogun and Edgar.

#7 ·
Great topic, the pound for pound rankings are crazy right now, I would put five guys in the top ten that weren't even ranked last year in the top ten.

1. GSP (#3 last year)
2. Edgar (UR)
3. Rua (UR)
4. Jones (UR)
5. Silva (#2 last year)
6. Emelianenko (#1 last year)
7. Aldo (#7 last year)
8. Lombard (UR)
9. Fitch (#10 last year)
10. Shields (UR)

BJ (#4 last year) 2-3 in his last five fights is suspended from any p4p discussions till he has a winning record.

Machida (#5 last year) got smashed if he beats Rampage he might deserve a spot in the top ten but I'm not sure.

Evans (#9 last year) not sold on him, he could win the title against Rua and all that would do is knock Rua off the list. I'm tired of Evans fighting old guys who can't wrestle.

Henderson (#8 last year), Torres (#6 last year) both guys lost and neither really had much of a case to be in the top ten anyways.

Koscheck just has look good and win a round for me to put him on the list.

Fabricio, Cain and Junior are so tight right now that the next one to show up and fight well I would put very highly on the list.

#9 ·
Your p4p lists mean nothing. The men listed are insignificant also ran footnotes in mma history. When the great book of combat is written one man will be acknowledged as the pound for pound, man to man,year for year, brain for brain, GREATEST fighter to ever live.

The man who defeated the DARK EMPEROR. THE STAR SPANGLED AVENGER, CAPTAIN AMERICA. He will reign forever. (or until athletic commissions begin testing for the super soldier serum).

You poor souls who have favorite fighters in the LHW devision ....I feel your pain. this can help you > :smoke01:

#15 ·
I have to say that now there can be no debate about the P4P placement of the WEC featherweight champion, Jose Aldo. Some people had him top 5 before most of this, now with machida down, bj down, fedor down, he has to be up there, the fact that hes fighting 10 pounds lighter than any of those 3 just further cements it.

#19 ·
I wouldn't take Anderson from #1.

He subbed a world class wrestler, and he was fighting with an injured rib.

He still won by stoppage and that's what counts.

#25 ·
...HW- The Last Emperor, hands down

...LHW- Still up in the air. The belt is a hot potato. Until someone defends it multiple times.

...MW- The Spider

...WW- Rush

...LW- The Prodigy

You really can't do this though... B.J. has lost two back to back at LW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.