MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rank The 5 Best LWs In The World.... And Explain Why...

View Single Post

Old 09-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
rockybalboa25
On a Rampage

rockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatnessrockybalboa25 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amarok View Post
Im still suprised people arent giving Aoki much credit.
The man has the best grappling in the lightweight division imo.
I mean Aoki has beaten more World champs than BJ
Penn: Sherk, Hughes, Sanchez, Uno, Pulver, Gomi, Serra
Aoki:Kawajiri,JZ,Hansen,Hirota,Ribero,Alveraz,Uno, Kikuchi (1-1 with Jake Sheilds)
Yes I understand that Aoki needs to work on striking but just because he lost to Melendez he is a scrub and overrated? I swear MMA fan cant stay loyal for shit.
Aoki is not the best at grappling. While he is good if someone engages him, without his little pants he is incapable of getting the top of the division fighters to the ground.

What world champs has Aoki ever beaten?

You inexplicably left Stevenson and Florain off of BJ's list.

Also most of the guys you listed have fought mostly in Japan. These guys fight lesser competition over there and build up their records, but can't hang with the elite in the UFC or Strikeforce. Melendez easily beat Aoki and Edgar, Penn, Maynard, and Florian would beat him easily as well.
rockybalboa25 is offline   Reply With Quote