MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Self-defense & MMA: How to stop this attack? ***Graphic Video***

View Single Post

Old 09-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soakked View Post
Tackle him and go directly for the weapon hand as soon as possible. Bruce Lee once said that the person with a knife is at the disadvantage because he has really only one point of attack, while the person unarmed has many(fists, knees, elbows etc). Obviously the guys one form of attack is deadly but he will be focusing on trying to stab you and not hit you with his off hand for example. So you trying to neutralize the attacking hand should be your top priority.

The thing is in the street everyone waits for someone else to take care of the problem, and only when the others see someone doing something will they jump in to help. The second someone gets control of the situation even for a couple of seconds others will join in and swarm. Trying to restrain him is best IMO because if you succeed for a few seconds others will help join, however if you attack him then it becomes a one on one if your attack didnt daze him enough, and others will most likely not join.
oh thats me and ill admit it. if this guy was on his feet with that knife and i didnt have my gun... *shrug* good luck miss.

its only that he was on the ground that i would quickly engage, being on the ground in a street fight is a death wish.

Quote:
While I do have a CCW and always am packing, I've only had to pull out my 1 of 3 that I carry with me once and that's when some punks thought they were going to mug my wife and I when we left the movies. They had knives, When they demanded my wallet, I pulled my .45 out and asked if that's what they wanted. I think they were crapping themselves while running. I'll check with my wife and see if she still has the video on her phone and post it if she still has it. I had her back away to a hallway while I handled it when I saw them come walking up to us.
you carry three guns?!? o.O

i carry a glock 23.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote