MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rank The 5 Best LWs In The World.... And Explain Why...

View Single Post

Old 09-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
_RIVAL_
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
First and foremost anybody that thinks that Kenny Florian is above Shinya Aoki in the top 5 really hasn't seen Shinyas carreer.

Second there are many fighters who win in Japan and do so in the U.S. as well...

Eddie Alvarez
Shogun
Jake Shields
Nick Diaz
Yushin Okami
Fabricio Werdum
B.J. Penn
Lyoto Machida

to name a few were picking up wins in Japan and doing well for themselves stateside as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amarok View Post
How is it that there is lesser comp in Japan. Everytime i check fighters that try to swing over to Japan dont do so.
Sometimes there just seems to be a jinx between both. I wouldn't say that one region has superior fighters. Not for a second.

Quote:
If that was the case how come Melendaz couldnt beat Ishida.
You need to watch that fight. Melendez was robbed. Gilbert won that fight. And came back and avenged that loss.

Quote:
Or Randleman beat Nakamura, Liddell beating Rampage. I could go on and on with this list but the Nationalism and Elitism is highly evident in your post.
I'm glad you pointed this out. You can't say that the greatest are fighting in the U.S. you can only say that your "favorites" are fighting in the U.S.

Because like them or not Shinya Aoki and Kawajiri would vandalize the UFCs LW division. I think Kawajiri would bulldoze everybody outside of B.J. Penn and Edgar.... and he'd have a very close fight with Edgar.

Aoki vs Penn...... I really couldn't call a winner.

Quote:
As far as im concerned its a two way street. Think about how many U.S champs are there in Japan? If they were so good then maybe they can reign supreme but they dont. If jake sheilds was so good, how come he couldnt keep is Shooto title?
Are you saying that if Anderson Silva is so great than why did he lose 2 of his PRIDE fights?

----> WWW.MMAFORUM.COM <----

_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI