MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rank The 5 Best LWs In The World.... And Explain Why...

View Single Post

Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
The answer to your question is easy Toxic. It's because Gilbert Melendez had an excellent game plan and is obviously better than Aoki.

Okay I see your logic here. So basically B.J. Penn has absolutly no BJJ what so ever because he was able to do absolutly nothing with Frankie Edgar on the ground.

As a matter of fact he has zero striking as well since he was getting tooled on his feet, because if he was world class in those areas he would have destroyed Frankie Edgar.

Also he has no TDD because he was getting slammed on his ass time after time..

I got you. I think Joe Stevenson could probably beat Penn too.... but wait...
Don't twist this, I fail to see how you cannot watch Aoki's past fights and not realize how much he is babied by the Japanese MMA community and how the failure of the Japanese to force a stand up plays into his hands. There is no chance of him finding any success in the global MMA community until he works extensively on his stand up to at least get it up to a mediocre passable level and he needs to work a lot on his wrestling.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote