MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Folded Knuckle Punch?

View Single Post

Old 09-03-2010, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ferdelance
Amatuer

Ferdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A HugFerdelance Needs A Hug
The Folded Knuckle Punch?

I just got finished posting a reply to the Naked Dojo thread,which got me thinking about the fight scene in the original version of the movie The Manchurian Candidate, the one where Frank Sinatra plays the American agent, and he hits his opponent with a technique I've seen in some old TMA books where your fist is folded flat and you hit your opponent with the four knuckles between your fingertips and your regular knuckles.
My questions:
1.Why isn't that technique used more often? My understanding is that this follows the principle of concentration, making this a more effective way to punch, say, the stomach or the solar plexus region because of its greater penetration potential, and
2.How would you train a punch like this?
Ferdelance is offline   Reply With Quote