MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Freestanding Bag advice

View Single Post

Old 09-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senai
MMA Fanatic

Senai has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Freestanding Bag advice

First of all, Hello. As you can see i'm new to the forums.

I've been doing Muay Thai for the past few months but sadly I have to go back to school next week so I won't be able to continue. While there is a muay thai gym near my school I most likely won't be signing up because I won't have access to a car and small town public transportation is abysmal.

So i'm going for the next best thing, buying a freestanding bag. This way I can refine my punches and kicks before starting up again at a proper gym.

I've looked around and found: http://store.titleboxing.com/heavy-b...ding-bags.html
but I'm not sure which one to get. Ideally I'd want the Century Wave Master XXL Heavy Bag but that's too heavy on my wallet. I was initially considering the Century Wavemaster II but it seems way too thin. What I want to ask is how are the other bags? I'm not too sure the ones that cover only half the base will be sturdy enough to withstand the force of punches and kicks. I'd also want to knee so how well would those fare against that?

Thanks for any advice.
Senai is offline   Reply With Quote