MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Advice for a newcomer, help appreciated!

View Single Post

Old 09-05-2010, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bill Silver
MMA Fanatic

Bill Silver has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Advice for a newcomer, help appreciated!

First off, i'm new to the forum so i'd like to say hello to everyone.

I'll give you a quick background on me:

I'm on the tall side of 6'4'', 12 stone (168lbs), 24 years old. My only real experience in martial arts is around a years training in Krav Maga.
I have been smoking cigarettes for 9 years unfortunately and currently i'm a heavy smoker.

In the last few months I have been doing exercises called complexes and last monday I attended a Muay Thai class with a friend.

Currently my diet would be pretty average not overly healthy and I think I might be eating too little.
A typical day for me is some fruit, 2-3 sandwiches and probably a frozen pizza for dinner. I drink herbal tea and smoke a lot of cigarettes throughout the day.
Basically what type of food do ye recommend and do ye recommend trying to maintain my weight or trying to gain?

Obviously I have to cut down or completely stop smoking but besides that what do ye think I should be doing?

Thanks for reading and once again all input is appreciated. Be as critical as you like I don't mind as long as it's constructive criticism.
Bill Silver is offline   Reply With Quote