MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Guns!!!!
Thread: Guns!!!!
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Stone Cold Crazy

So I just bought my first gun a week ago. It is a glock 23 .40 cal, Felt the best in my hands and seemed good size to carry when I get my CCW. I went to the range for the first time today, It was great. But I have a few questions. First is after recovering my rounds I saw that about half were clean inside the shell and the other half looked like the inside of a chimney. Is this because the gun is brand new and the clean rounds were the first ones fired and after a few they just got dirty from use? Also after my third mag I had my last round go crooked and jam, popped right out no problem and the gun was fine after that. That jam should be normal for a semi-auto pistol right? Over all it got some stress off of my shoulders. Any advice would be great. I did pretty well at half way down the range, any farther was a miss for me. I used winchester 180gr ammo. Any suggestions on better ammo or what not to use? I think I saw a 100 round box at wal-mart for either 30 or $40. I paid $30 for 50 rounds at gander mountain so wal-mart seems to have a good deal, It was either winchester or remington. Lets hear the gun talk.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome