MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Your first UFC/MMA Event (Don't be telling lies)
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 PM
well when i was a kid i lived in the US, but i wasnt allowed to watch UFC at that time, i was 9-10 but i knew about it, in 2001 i came back to brazil and i discovered pride later, so pride was actually my first taste in MMA, man was i hooked, ive always loved anything with fighting, boxing, wwf (lol), kickboxing, i had all those fight movies and old kung fu movies, bruce damn this was amazing to watch

then i remembered about the UFC and wanted to watch it so i looked for the 1st event (start from the beginning) and i actually didnt like it at all, i just saw a bunch of drunks, it wasnt good fighting it was just fighting, really ridiculous, i watched a few more shows but they still sucked so i kinda forgot about UFC and just focused on pride for a while, then i started hearing how UFC got better, and had better fightes than pride, and they had rules now, so i gave them another shot

and i ended up catching UFC 37.5 and damn what a night, from then on i was hooked also, brushed up on the other events i missed since its transformation and followed it till this day
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome