MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Your first UFC/MMA Event (Don't be telling lies)
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:23 AM
Never been to a live event. My brother is always trying to get me to go but I pretty much won't. I know it's probably a really awesome and exciting atmosphere (or so I hear), but I've also heard that unless you have good seats, you can't see jack and just end up watching the big screen. And I don't watch MMA/UFC to hang out with a bunch of raving drunkards wearing Tapout who want to fight in the parking lot. Eventually I'll go to one for the experience, so I can say I have gone, but for now, bleh.

My first UFC ppv was probably a pirated copy of one of the UFC 80's. I had been into boxing a bit and only wanted to watch MMA to try to learn a little hand skills by observation. I pretty quickly realized that boxing boxing and MMA boxing aren't the same though. So instead of continuing as a boxer, I turned into a MMA fan, and not long after that first pirated UFC event, I started taking kung fu and actually ordering the ppvs like a good boy.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome