MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - NFL: Baltimore vs NY Jets

View Single Post

Old 09-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rusty
Gone Hunting

Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelegend View Post
dont get me wrong or anything, your opinion is not totally wrong, its just hype. me personally, i love it because as a jets fan all ive had to hear for the last decade is patriots this, giants that. its about time the jets got some of the spotlight.

im not a 100% rex ryan guy but nobody including him has called sanchez a great qb in this league. the fact that you compare his numbers to an established, good qb, does not convince me of the point your making. if your gonna compare him to anybody, it should be another rookie or past rookie performances.

the jets were #1 rushing team and #1 defensive team in the league last year, thats not hype, thats fact. also the nfl does not hype teams the media does. the reason why people did not consider brees one of the top five qb's in the league two-three years ago when he put up comparable numbers to brady and manning....media thats it.
My point is that ever since Mark was drafted he has been talked about like it's just a matter of time til he becomes the second coming of Joe Namath. While a solid qb that has put in his time and had some success such as Campbell is treated like a retread.

It's no different than a ton of other players who get accolades that they haven't earned though. Vince Young, Stafford, Leinart early in his career, Reggie Bush, Tebow, and I could go on forever.

I didn't get into football because I wanted to hear hype or drama or any of the crap that the league has turned into. I loved football. Playing it, watching it, fantasy, all that.
Now you click on the nfl page and it's who's been arrested, who's dating who, and pretty much everything but football.
Pretty much I'm just terribly bitter about what football has become. Nothing against the Jets or Sanchez personally.

I am sure that you're enjoying your teams success after all the Patriot love these last few years. After the tuck rule game I don't think I could hate a team anymore than I hate the Pats. Good luck this year
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote