MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Grappling for MMA: The Turtle (Attacking)

View Single Post

Old 09-16-2010, 02:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
BearInTheClinch
Flyweight

BearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enough
I'm guessing this is for the pure Grappling type competition as kneeing the body is probubly the best answer for this defence in Mixed?
I have had good sucess attacking the position low, going after the legs basically.
I do it a bit differently depending on what is in front of me as far as my opponent goes but I'll either try to wrap the far leg low and pressure his hips with my chest or the near leg and basically pressure his ass with my chest to force either him forward or the leg I have back so it is straight and move to crossbody depending on how he reacts, if he turns onto his back I'm basically there and if he just lays there as if he's going to try to reestablish his turtle I'll keep heavy on the straightned leg and try to roll him over myself
It's pretty late so I'm hoping I've described what I'm trying to describe, if not hopefully I can clear it up next time I post.
BearInTheClinch is offline   Reply With Quote