MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How quick should you be able to throw a roundhouse?

View Single Post

Old 09-17-2010, 12:23 AM   #18 (permalink)
BearInTheClinch
Flyweight

BearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
You know that its an endurance exercise right? Throwing X number of kicks in 30 seconds isn't to look flashy, its to develop fast twitch nerve conduction, balance, and muscular endurance. And since those are ALL of the factors contributing to effective execution of a roundhouse kick, I'd say it significantlly effects performance...
well if you'll look at the way his initial post is phrased, to me it seems like he's asking about how to improve the speed of his kick I took that to mean he as talking about a single execution like trying to beat his opponents defence via pure speed. if that isn't what he meant then I guess I missunderstood, but the overall point I was making stands as valid
BearInTheClinch is offline   Reply With Quote