MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - North's Log

Thread: North's Log
View Single Post

Old 09-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
ahartleyvu
MMA Fanatic

ahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hugahartleyvu Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Couple things that I kind of disagreed with. Hope maybe you could help me, or I could help you whichever it ends up being!

Tea (unsweetened, made from teabags) has no more calories in it than a glass of water. The tea gets it flavoring and color from a nautral oil in the tea leaves.

See, I've read, and been told multiple times from various sources that while there are fats in hot dogs, they're unsaturated fats that burn much quicker than say, the fats in a cheeseburger from BK, or anything else really that's not cooked at home. The point being that he said he had few options to eat, and if eating a hot dog is an option, its well worth the 100-150 or so useable calories.

Dude's competing in March. He's got five months to get to outmuscles-outmaneauvers legimate heavyweights' strength. Lifting as much as physically possible (depending on recovery is an absolute must). Being lean doesn't make you better, just makes you weigh less(IMO).
Ah, I assumed sweetened tea since I can't stand it unsweetened lol.

As for the hot dog, one dog is about a third of your daily fat content. Who eats one hot dog? Plus, you've prob got a bun or piece of bread and ketchup/mustard. Also, one dog by itself is more like 250-300, not 100-150.

I agree that being lean doesn't make you better, but the process of getting lean will make him faster, more mobile, stronger, etc.

Just my opinion
ahartleyvu is offline   Reply With Quote