MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - How quick should you be able to throw a roundhouse?

View Single Post

Old 09-20-2010, 03:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
BearInTheClinch
Flyweight

BearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enoughBearInTheClinch will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
Yeah its valid if he meant how to throw a kick super fast against his opponent without a set up, or timing. But as you said it needs to just be faster than his opponent's defenses. The exercise that was explained is the exact way to achieve it. The only thing better (IMO) is resistance training.
Yah, I wasn't saying that the exercise wasn't important, I guess I phrased my responce wrong but my basic point was not to only rely on one thing, speed, to getyou past the opponents defences. Use all your options, Fients, Set Ups, Angles etc to score. My overall point being to make connecting with the attack the point of your training, not just how fast you can kick.
BearInTheClinch is offline   Reply With Quote