MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Alex Reid: The Fight of His Life

View Single Post

Old 09-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Danm2501
Light Heavyweight

Danm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For Greatness
Anyone been watching the latest Alex Reid show? Less gimmicks, more focus on the actual training. He's been working with a top Strength and Conditioning coach, went over to Amsterdam to train his Kickboxing and came across as a genuinely humble guy that wants to win this fight. I still see Kong winning, but Tom had a grueling 3 round fight with Jesse Taylor only 2 weeks ago, where he was dominated for 3 rounds.

I actually think Alex has a decent shot in this fight, if he can keep it standing. They showed him sparring with Arunas Andriuskevicus (9-4 in MMA with 6 T/KO's), and Alex looked really good. Excellent head movement, defended Arunas's kicks very well, landed some decent shots, and generally looked pretty good. Obviously Tom has the better training camp, the better record, has been more active and has a better ground game, but how much did the fight 2 weeks ago take out of him? He definitely won't be 100% going in, and I think Alex has a chance. He's had a good training camp, seems to be excited for the fight and looks like he's definitely taking this seriously. I'm looking forward to the fight, busy night for MMA on Saturday! Predicting a Watson win, but I actually think I'll be rooting for Alex Reid. I've been harsh on the guy in the past, but I think he's come across as very likeable in this latest show. I just hope he doesn't get embarrassed.
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Daniel Cormier
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline   Reply With Quote