Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC 62 - Liddell vs Sobral

14K views 52 replies 23 participants last post by  adminmma 
#1 ·
This is going to be a pretty big fight, and im thinking liddell is going down ;)

So, place your bets and send your money to me :cheeky4:

Make sure to check out their fight profiles :thumbsup:
Chuck Liddell
Renato Sobral

#28 ·
adminmma said:
Tons of people betting on Chuck, around 65 so far. Going to be a ton of disapointed Chuck Liddell fans lurking around here :D
Lol, Babalu is just going to be kicked in the head again or TKO'd against the cage then Chuck will dispute with Wanderlei after the match I bet. Its quite predictable. Chuck has never lost to submission and never on the ground the way Babalu does it. I can't wait for Babalu to be knocked out in the worst way possible.

#29 ·
Rush said:
Lol, Babalu is just going to be kicked in the head again or TKO'd against the cage then Chuck will dispute with Wanderlei after the match I bet. Its quite predictable. Chuck has never lost to submission and never on the ground the way Babalu does it. I can't wait for Babalu to be knocked out in the worst way possible.

Does this count as a SUB? Jeremy Horn defeated Chuck at 12:00 by referee stoppage due to choke out.

I guess not...

#31 · (Edited)
Rush said:
Uh that was 1999. Chuck is now a way better fighter and has not lost to submission since. Plus he rarely goes to the ground. Babalu is too small to get him on the ground.
I know it was 99 and I know Chuck is far more progressed since then. But if it counts as a sub then he has been submitted, however it was Referee Stoppage and not a tap out. So thats why I was asking if it counts as a sub or not, because people say he's never been submitted.

Now as for Renato being small, what does that mean? He's 1 inch shorter than Chuck but the same weight and has faught in a higher weight class than the 205 div in tha past and has more MMA fights/wins than Chuck. Therefore, I think he'll get Chuck to the ground. I think he wants it bad enough and I think he's training specifically for Chuck and his take down defense.

#32 ·
I don't see it going different from the last fight. Babalu is still the same fighter as he was at UFC 40 except hes gotten better at striking, takedowns, and submissions thats about it, hes still the same just more dominant and hasn't faught anyone like Chuck yet. He will try to take Chuck down but will be striked in the face and eventually TKO'd. I can picture this fight going the same way Horn and Liddell went.

At UFC 19 where Chuck lost I don't think it was submission because he didn't tap he just fell unconcious therefore the referee stopped it. He was badly hurt and should have tapped out. I don't know, the last time I saw that fight was a long time ago.

#33 ·
Renato is more dominant than Jeremy and he's not going to just try to stand with Liddell like Horn did. Renato has beatin Horn and a series of other well-known and good fighters.

Just so you know you said Babalu has gotten better at Striking, Take Downs and Submissions and thats it, and you know what that is it! What else does he need? He's defenitely going to have the conditioning, so thats not something he needs to improve on.

#34 ·
Hey chuck

on the 1st round tko. All the one guys got is extremly good submission and chuck had his number the first time. I think Chuck ends it before it goes to the ground. I have Hughes in the rematch with GSP on 3 round ko or referee stoppage. I have forest in a decision against bonnar. Diego in 2nd round tko of karo, but I hate Diego. Karo kick his ass, but i wouldnt bet on it. Check out the commerical for diego, some weak stuff. And chuck was taken down plenty of times by Rampage Jackson. Its only a matter of time before these pride guys come in and take the belts.

#36 ·
So what if he tapped, he is not going to this time because Renato is no Jeremy Horn. Chuck 2nd rock TKO Strikes or KO Punch. Chuck is not going to take this fight to the ground if Renato falls to the ground and stays in his guard Chuck will just be like Crocop saying "Come on get up". Then strike him out.

#37 ·
Rush said:
So what if he tapped, he is not going to this time because Renato is no Jeremy Horn. Chuck 2nd rock TKO Strikes or KO Punch. Chuck is not going to take this fight to the ground if Renato falls to the ground and stays in his guard Chuck will just be like Crocop saying "Come on get up". Then strike him out.
Your right, Renato is no Jeremy Horn, because Jeremy is no Renato.

#41 ·
Rush said:
has rush forgot renato beat jeremy. The same time he beat 2 others in the same night.

#45 ·
moldy said:
has rush forgot renato beat jeremy. The same time he beat 2 others in the same night.
No he didn't forget he just didn't do his research before he made that post much like 80% of his other posts. Rush steals his opinions from other posters from here and Sherdog. You guys shouldn't pay much attention to him because he is feeding you bullsh*t most of the time. He knows a little but if you look, he changes his mind CONSTANTLY, and a lot of the stuff he says has been said almost word-for-word by other posters on here and Sherdog before he said it.:laugh:

I bet 1000 on Babalu...I think he can take it. Chuck HAS been submitted before, it doesn't matter if he tapped or not he still got submitted. Chuck HAS been taken down before by Rampage Jackson and he did it several times with ease. The fighters Babalu has beaten since his loss to Chuck are NOT cans, they all have very impressive wins under their belt. Babalu will win but I'm not going to predict how.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.