MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Muay thai and Bjj are NOT the best styles

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
grkted55
MMA Fanatic

grkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura aboutgrkted55 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by enceledus View Post
other than wrestling, BJJ and muay thai have proven to be the most effective.....that's why.
Wrestling is very effective and the current champs GSP, EDGAR, BROCK, FROM THE UFC ARE GREAT WRESTLERS. Three champs from the nfl of mma have wrestling as their base, I think that sais it right their. Bjj is great I will not down it nor muay thai but everyone is different and were not all brazilian with long lanky bodies that can pull off triangles easy and pull off knees from 50 feet away. Anderson Silva is a prime example, but whenever he is up against great wrestlers he gets in trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter View Post
I have to some what agree here. Personaly I think the absolute best base style for mma is wrestling. Then after wrestling of course you need to throw in some bjj and basic kick boxing. If you look at the great ones the almost all have a wrestling base. Cain Brock Randy gsp matt Hughes grey rashad Jake shields and many many others all great wrestlers. If you are a top notch wrestler with sub defense and g&p you are going to be sucessful.
Dont forget the striking, Brock and Edgar use more boxing than kicking and clinch work, it suits them better with their styles of fighting. Muay thai isn't the best striking art for everyone either. Bj penn and vitor belfort have great punching abilities and they often throw deadly punches to their opponents.

Last edited by HitOrGetHit : 09-23-2010 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Double Post
grkted55 is offline   Reply With Quote