MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Alex Reid: The Fight of His Life

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Danm2501
Light Heavyweight

Danm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For GreatnessDanm2501 Is Destined For Greatness
The 6 fight losing streak isn't exactly fair. His fight with Foupa Pokem should have been ruled a no contest due to Professor X poking Reid in both eyes, and then the Ninja fight ended after nasty cut to his chin thanks to Ninja checking a leg-kick very early on. Then the Jason Tan fight I easily gave to Alex. Tan took Alex down a couple of times, but once on the ground it was all Alex. He was throwing up triangles, armbars, up-kicks (all forms of up-kick were legal) and punches from the bottom, and then managed top position for a decent period of time, and did some actual damage. On the feet Alex was getting the better of exchanges. Tan landed a couple of shots, but Alex took them easily, landed a few of his own and I'd say definitely out-pointed him on the feet. Both rounds went to Alex for me, so I'd say his record is more accurately 9-6-1 with 2 no contests, still not great, but better than his actual record suggests. He's also won a series of Kickboxing fights since his last MMA fight too, one of them a very impressive KO via Knee from the clinch against Jake Bostwick.

I don't see this being an easy fight for Watson. He's not going to be 100%, and Alex is a heck of a lot better than he was in the TUF elimination fight, his stand-up is massively improved. I definitely see Tom taking it, but Alex shouldn't be completely written off, I think he's got a chance, and I'd actually like to see him take the win.
Joe Lauzon
Ronda Rousey
Chael Sonnen
Mark Hunt
Daniel Cormier
Robbie Lawler
Danm2501 is offline   Reply With Quote