Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP a Champ everyone likes except for the americans that hate canadians

2K views 47 replies 28 participants last post by  Steve-d 
#1 ·
I think he is

#3 ·
Wow what a great thread. I love how you stupid ass canadians always accuse Americans of hating other countries and shit, you guys are the most arrogant mother****ers on the planet, and all you do is bash Americans. However, I never see Americans bashing canadians. At least not around here. Americans on this board have to put up with your snobby ****ing asses everyday and you don't hear us *****ing about it so why don't you just **** off?

Seriously, what are you looking to accomplish with this POS thread anyway?

#4 ·
Kirkardo said:
I think he is
What a lame thread, Canadians are the America bashers because it makes them feel somehow relevant (which geopolitically they are NOT). GSP is a great fighter, one of the best (if not the best) of his weight class in the entire world.

He has class, skill, youth and doesn’t act like an arrogant idiot so of course he’s popular here in the USA.

If Americans hate Canadians is in response to all the left wing anti American blather that comes out of your irrelevant country. I find it comical how so many politically motivated Canadians who spew their intellectual superiority propaganda and spend so much time hating on and thinking about my country, meanwhile I spend 0 hours thinking about our frozen little brother to the North.

By the way I work with some of your countrymen here in California in the biotech industry and will have to say that you are loosing some of your best educated and brightest people because your government taxes high earners to death and your biotech industry is a joke.

Enjoy the brain drain

#5 · (Edited)
thanks for making us other Canadians look bad! want a medal or something?

and to everyone that has posted or plan on posting, please don't judge us all on this guy. oops look like some of you already have...*Sigh* i apologize for my fellow Countrymens behavior

#7 · (Edited)
baz00ca said:
thanks for making us other canadians look bad! want a medal or something?
You are one of the few humble canadians on this board and I respect you for that. I never talked to canadians before I joined this forum and I must say their stereotype of being arrogant assholes with a "holier than thou" attitude is completely true for the most part, just like every other cultural stereotype. And just like every stereotype, there are exceptions, and you are an exception. Most of the arrogant canadians no longer post here though, so that's a good thing. (MMAfreak, Mr Bungle, NachoMama, etc.)

#9 ·
I think it was Joe Rogan's coverage of behind the scenes of the last UFC payperview in which one fan thought GSP was from france or something (I don't remember details) but Joe corrected him. I don't think Americans hate canadians (I'm half yank) but American crowds like any nationality boo fighters not from the states. It is really easy to get the 'U.S.A' chants going just as it is to get rivalries in other countries. Americans are proud and so should Canadians. its tough to be really proud without looking down on another country.

#10 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
I never talked to canadians before I joined this forum and I must say their stereotype of being arrogant assholes with a "holier than thou" attitude is completely true for the most part, just like every other cultural stereotype. And just like every stereotype, there are exceptions, and you are an exception.
Stereotypes are there because 90% of the time they are true. That goes for Canadian stereotypes, American stereotypes etc. They are all true if you look at a big enough cross section of the population. Internet forums attract people from all over that shoot off their mouth. that is just the unfortunate reality.

#12 ·
Good points on this thread.

The vast majority of the (presumably) American posters here are truly international in their love of MMA. They seem to like the best MMA fighters irrespective of origin.

While there are good few Canadians who are also international, you do see plenty of statements along the lines of "I hope Joslin wins because he is Canadian" or whatever.

Still, I can't blame them. I'm British and I want Ross Pointon to move to heavyweight, sign for PRIDE and beat Big Nog, Barnett and then Fedor. (Then to bring peace to the Middle East, cure cancer and eradicate world poverty.)

#13 ·
The Wizard said:
Pothead you need to get off the weed,if you think there's no Canadian bashing going on,it's a 2 way street.....if you can't take it don't give it.
I'd like you to find me one single post of an American poster claiming a candian fighter will get beat simply because he is Canadian. You canadians base your opinions on fighter's talent solely on their country of origin. Patrick Cote is a god cuz he's canadian...no he sucks. Jason MacDonald will beat Rich cuz he's canadian. Jonathan Goulet was gonna beat Koscheck cuz he's CANADIAN! David Loiseua should be brought back to the UFC even though he sucks now cuz he's canadian! Everything is "cuz he is canadian" to you people.

#14 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Wow what a great thread. I love how you stupid ass canadians always accuse Americans of hating other countries and shit, you guys are the most arrogant mother****ers on the planet, and all you do is bash Americans. However, I never see Americans bashing canadians. At least not around here. Americans on this board have to put up with your snobby ****ing asses everyday and you don't hear us *****ing about it so why don't you just **** off?

Seriously, what are you looking to accomplish with this POS thread anyway?
Man, don't judge us based on what Kirkardo wrote. He does not speak for all of us.

#16 ·
I.P.Freely said:
Good points on this thread.

The vast majority of the (presumably) American posters here are truly international in their love of MMA. They seem to like the best MMA fighters irrespective of origin.

While there are good few Canadians who are also international, you do see plenty of statements along the lines of "I hope Joslin wins because he is Canadian" or whatever.

Still, I can't blame them. I'm British and I want Ross Pointon to move to heavyweight, sign for PRIDE and beat Big Nog, Barnett and then Fedor. (Then to bring peace to the Middle East, cure cancer and eradicate world poverty.)

I think it comes from the fact that most of the Fighters in UFC are american. So americans cheering for american fighters seems weirder than a Croatian for instance, cheering for Crocop or other nationalities that arent as well represented. Obviously, its not really fair to american fans who may want to cheer for american fighters. for me personally, I rarely cheer for someone just cause they are canadian, unless maybe I know absolutely nothing about the fighters at all and one is Canadian and one is not. In the Franklin-MacDonald fight, I am hoping that Franklin beats the tar out of MacDonald.

#17 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
I'd like you to find me one single post of an American poster claiming a candian fighter will get beat simply because he is Canadian. You canadians base your opinions on fighter's talent solely on their country of origin. Patrick Cote is a god cuz he's canadian...no he sucks. Jason MacDonald will beat Rich cuz he's canadian. Jonathan Goulet was gonna beat Koscheck cuz he's CANADIAN! David Loiseua should be brought back to the UFC even though he sucks now cuz he's canadian! Everything is "cuz he is canadian" to you people.
You need to stop digging yourself deeper into the hole your in.

#18 ·
Rated said:
Man, don't judge us based on what Kirkardo wrote. He does not speak for all of us.
Trust me man, I'm not judging all of you. I just hate the cocky arrogant canadians. I know which ones on this board are cool and which think they are better than everyone else. And to the other guy, I don't see how I am digging a hole....maybe you weren't a part of this site when Cote was announced to be on TUF, or Goulet was gonna fight Koscheck, or whatever, but that's all everyone heard for a while..."CUZ HE IS CANADIAN!" On the contrary, I've never read one single post from an American saying "American fighters are the new breed, they are the best in the world, candadian fighter suck, Canada sucks, you deserve everything you got on 9/11...blah blah blah insert anti american statement here."

#19 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
Trust me man, I'm not judging all of you. I just hate the cocky arrogant canadians. I know which ones on this board are cool and which think they are better than everyone else. And to the other guy, I don't see how I am digging a hole....maybe you weren't a part of this site when Cote was announced to be on TUF, or Goulet was gonna fight Koscheck, or whatever, but that's all everyone heard for a while..."CUZ HE IS CANADIAN!" On the contrary, I've never read one single post from an American saying "American fighters are the new breed, they are the best in the world, candadian fighter suck, Canada sucks, you deserve everything you got on 9/11...blah blah blah insert anti american statement here."

Deep breaths and count to 10.

#21 ·
i hate canada...but i love me some gsp

kidding.

but seriously...i didnt even get mad at the ****tards post and the ****tard posts that followed it...is their a small bit of bias in which an american will cheer for an american over a canadian if their both unknown..yea probly...but i wanted gsp to beat hughes cuz i thought he was a better fighter and i like how he carries himself. the only canadian fighter im not that fond of is jason macdonald (dont ask me why i just dont like the guy)

#22 ·
Slamnbam88 said:
i hate canada...but i love me some gsp

kidding.

but seriously...i didnt even get mad at the ****tards post and the ****tard posts that followed it...is their a small bit of bias in which an american will cheer for an american over a canadian if their both unknown..yea probly...but i wanted gsp to beat hughes cuz i thought he was a better fighter and i like how he carries himself. the only canadian fighter im not that fond of is jason macdonald (dont ask me why i just dont like the guy)

Man, I have been trying to figure out why I dont like J Mac for so long, and I cant really pin point it. He could be a bit more humble i think, and that "TUF- killer comment was just way too dumb.

#23 ·
Where was I when Americans started bashing GSP for being Canadian? Whenever I go on this forum people talk nothing but respect for GSP. Hell, some even went so far as to say he's a short version of Fedor. Kirkardo, your just trying to start a flame war between the American posters and Canadian posters!

#24 · (Edited)
It's funny how upset the Americans have gotten on here; and started bashing Canadians for many things - even for being bashers! haha, but whatever. Hey we're all UFC/MMA fans here. No need to going after eachothers country's.

As far as what the poster said, I disagree. I feel GSP has been widely accepted in the States. It's hard not too him, no matter where you're from.

#25 ·
Im going to throw my 2 cents in here (About 1.7 cents US)

George is a highly skilled, likeable and humble guy who has fans everywhere. Never heard him badmouthed here or anywhere else for that matter. Not sure what the intent of this thread was - just to piss of some US posters. Worked well with some of the less intelligent readers - why contribute to a nonsensical thread like this? If he had said all "Insert racial slur here" dont like GSP because he is a bald headed white guy, administration would have shut the thread. Dont see how nationality is any different...

All this stated, pretty hard not to like my brothers to the south. After all, they are responsible for most of the 6 hours of tv programming I watched each day growing up, fake boobs and krispy creme donuts. Whats not to like?

#26 ·
WouldLuv2FightU said:
would u like to show me a few threads of people saying that certain fighters will win because they are canadian?? or are you just making that up to make us look like assholes cause in the few month i have been here i have not once said or heard anyone say that. I have heard people wishing them good luck because they are canadian but not once have i heard any stupid shit like what you are saying. I remeber also when GSP beat BJ Penn they booed GSP because he was canadian and he had to try to please them by saying that he works with many people who are american and that we are all one. Now i can understand cheering for your country but at least have some respect not to boo another person because of thier origin. So does that constitue as a bit of hating or do i also have to mention matt hughes' ignorance of saying who wants to lose to a "french man" he's canadian asshole if your gonna be a ***** at least get the ****ing country right and if you want to talk about stereotypes then lets talk about the american stereotype of all being ignorant assholes who are hated by most countrys and the people themselves dont even trust thier own givernment and think that they made an attack on themselves like you always like to talk about the 911 conspiracy great ****ing country isnt it? normally i avoid talking shit but your comments in my eyes are unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.