MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - swpthleg's training log

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #235 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Mon: Typical jump rope/pushup/v-up/plank warmup, then pad work with a lot of clinching, pushing away and round kicks and knees, then pad work wherein I got to bust out elbows, knees and spinning backfists. Great workout.
Tue: 1 hour of kata. This class is always full gi, so I sweat. I'll be the first to admit that kata are super lame, but the balance and speed they help to develop comes in handy in MMA and judo.
Wed: Karate (kick drills and dynamic floor striking/stance drills) then MMA combination. The only thing that distinguishes this class from Monday night kickboxing is the grappling in the second half of class. I had two girl partners, and the instructor left us with a patient, skilled helper who drilled triangle, armbar, and triangle to armbar transition. We went through the omoplata a few times, and I'm hoping we get the chance to work that more soon.
Thur: Judo. We drilled yoko guruma.
Fri-Sun: out of town

Sig Credit to Toxic

Last edited by swpthleg : 10-15-2010 at 01:11 PM.
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote