MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Josh Thompson Takes Shots At Ben Henderson...

View Single Post

Old 10-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by _RIVAL_ View Post
He also smashed Crusher Kawajiri, Beat Clay Guida, and avenged Ishida. And he also outgrappled Rodrigo Damm. And Thompson is a glorified brawler? lol you're reaching... Josh Thompson is very well rounded, solid striking, wrestling, tdd, scrambles dude is a beast. You're just not giving Gilbert his due.

Melendez may not be exciting to you, but he's world class. Make no mistake.

Benson has only beat Cerrone, and Jaime Varner both of whom will probably reach carreer high stardom with their fued. Its a complete joke to put him on Melendez's level.

Let's get CB Dollaway against John Fitch next while we're making matches...
Melendez BARELY beat Guida and honestly Clay Guida is about the same level I see Melendez being at and also about the same level I see Bendo at. I realize Bendo has yet to really fight a guy who would even be a gatekeeper in the UFC but he has looked impressive beating solid opponents. I honestly think that as much as your dumping on Varner and Cerrone they are on the same level as a guy like Josh Thompson.

Here is my (American) LW hierarchy

Frankie Edgar/BJ Penn

Gray Maynard/Kenny Florian

Sherk/Dunham/Melendez/Bendo/Guida/Sanchez

Joe Stevenson/Thompson/Varner/Cerrone

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote