MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What's Next For JZ Cavalcante.. **spoiler**

View Single Post

Old 10-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
_RIVAL_
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
What's Next For JZ Cavalcante.. **spoiler**

I gave JZ rounds 1 and 3 in his fight against Josh Thompson, I'm really tired of these blind judges, I don't know maybe somebody can show me the error of my wrongs here but I think JZ clearly won that fight...

That being said he's signed and I beleive a solid win can fast track him back into title contention....

I've listed a few respectable Strikeforce opponents that he can matched against... who do you guys think would make the most sense for Cavalcante to face??

#1) Jorge Masvidal

Jorge is a big enough name to ring bells with the hardcores and he's tough as nails. He's a tough opponent, a gamer and IMO anybody who gets past this guy right now minus a lucky punch should definatly be considered in the mix... he recently moved up to WW for 1 fight and lost a razor close decision to Paul Daley....

Notable Victories: Joe Lauzon, Yves Edwards,

#2) Lyle Beerbohm

Lyle is legit, he's been under the radar for a while now in Strikeforce, he needs a big fight and he needs one soon. He's undefeated at 13-0 with 11 stoppages... a very impressive name on his resume with Vitor Riberio... Lyle has a slick ground game and he's agressive. He's building himself and though he's nobodys stepping stone with a 3-0 resume in Strikeforce a victory over him will definatly raise a fighters stock in the LW rankings.

Notable victories: Vitor Riberio, Duane Ludwig

#3) Billy Evangelista

Strikeforces other undefeated LW prospect Billy Evangelista. This is a gritty in your face LW. He's failed to taste defeat in 6 Strikeforce bouts and has an overall record of 10-0. Billy is on a fast track a title shot if he can win his next two IMO. Derailing him can get a guy like JZ there faster. A victory over a guy like Evangelista is a legit win.

Notable VIctories: Jorge Gurgel, Nam Pham

#4) K.J. Noons

K.J.s a tough opponent for anybody. He hasn't lost a fight at LW since 2007 and his hands are slick enough to make you rethink your carreer choice. K.J. is definatly in the mix if he chooses to drop back down to LW and a victory over him puts you right into the title contention mix in the LW division right now.

Notable Victories: Nick Diaz, Andre Amado, Yves Edwards, Jorge Gurgel

#5) Jorge Gurgel

Tune up fight to get JZ back in the mix. Gurgel presents horrific danger with his ground game. Thanks to his horrible approach in MMA we don't have to worry about that.

Notable Victories: Conner Huen

He's got a name, so maybe a superficial win over Gurgel can get JZ back into some kind of mix with the fans who are only concerned about that...

Give your feedback and don't forget to vote... don't just pick somebody, elaborate as to why you think your choice is the better fight at this point....If you have a different pick feel free to post...
_RIVAL_ is offline   Reply With Quote