Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Diaz lost a fan tonight.

5K views 74 replies 24 participants last post by  _RIVAL_ 
#1 ·
I'll always enjoy watching him fight but after tonight I'm definitely hoping he'll get his ass beat. The dude just needs to show a spec of humility. I can accept that he won that fight even though I had Noons 3/2 but it was close. he should give his opponent a little respect. Am i the only one who thought Noons won the first round?

#65 ·
...I didn't think Nick won by UD. I gave him 3 rounds to 2 over Noons. SD should have been the call.
A unanimous decision just means all three judges thought he won the fight, it's not about how many points or rounds he won by. A split decision victory would have meant that one of the judges thought he lost the fight.

#66 ·
Like I said Dan Hardys striking is overrated. He's not a top 5 WW striker. He proved it again tonight.

#70 ·
i don't think you can call Hardys striking overated after tonight, he was winning the round with nice counters and a few very nice leg kicks. he looked better then ever and hell they both hit each other at then same time but hardy never quite turned it over.]

He's had 6 UFC fights.

Of those six fights...

He's won 1 by Knockout
He's won 3 by decision
and he's lost 2.
One of those losses are by knockout.

That's two years worth of fights... that is not top anything striker material at WW in the world.

#72 ·
Hardy was marketed as a KO striker when he had a few KO's over nobodies. He did nothing to cement this reputation in the UFC with his single KO over a collapsed-lung one-dimensional striker in Markham.

I respect that he has spent a lot of time at 10th Planet filling out his skillset and he's not a bad fighter or anything, but his hype seems to me to be mostly about attracting UK fans to the UFC fold... not his actual potential.

#74 ·
So, just because the UFC marketed him as one doesn't mean he was one and even after he KO'd Markham he said in the interview with joe he said "No power aye" and then joe asked if thats what Markham was saying about him and Hardy said "to be honest it's not what i am known for but it was great to show case that i do have it". not exactly word for word but it was pretty similar.

And having a collapsed lung or not, it doesn't make a difference when you get punched square along the temple.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.