MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 10-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #772 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Been a couple days. Rested for the tournament and then competed saturday and sunday. Went 5-2 over the weekend, third in my division in the gi, first in the no gi (there was only two of us). I had to go to work that evening so I couldn't do the gi absolute, but entered the no gi one and believe I would be tied for fourth overall. So the tournament went alright. I feel like I could have done better and there's one or two matches that I'm sure I underperformed on. Oh well. I'll get some video up if I get my hands on it. There's a tournament going on next friday that I might go for. Don't know yet, since I usually work friday evenings.

MMA gym is closed tomorrow for canadian thanksgiving, but I think I might still be able to get in the weights gym, and I do have keys to the mma gym, so I'll definitely get something done tomorrow. Need to finish the week 2 of my conditioning program over this next week. Also going to actively increase the focus on getting my striking going again.

Ran into Kajan yesterday who just finished a week training at Xtreme Couture in Vegas. He told me he thinks its best we go to Langley and stick with Revolution, because Raw in Vancouver isn't going to have enough good training partners for us. Kind of a bummer, was looking forward to getting to the city and sticking with Kajan, but Revolution in Langley still has alot to offer. So we'll probably head to Langley this wednesday to look at places and get our jobs lined up.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote