MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Diaz lost a fan tonight.

View Single Post

Old 10-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #51 (permalink)
_RIVAL_
-NOW YOU SLEEP-

_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum_RIVAL_ Lord of The Forum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
MacDonald IMO has all the natural skills to beat Diaz. Its just a matter of application.

As far as I have seen from watching both of the Diaz brothers, their style of boxing rely's very heavily on the ranging jab. When you take away the usual reach advantage they have against their opponent's. I.e. Dan Hardy (74in) vs Diaz (74in) a lot of the usual advantage goes away. And in my opinion, Hardy is a good combination of pressure fighter and technical fighter. (Also, he has a Shaolin Kung Fu background which gives him an intangible leg up for me!)

Kampmann has very technical with his striking, and has the grappling skills to keep Diaz standing. I think a skilled technical kickboxer would give Diaz a lot of trouble that someone like Noons, who's style is almost exclusively boxing w/ leg kicks doesn't have.

Whether they'd fight or not has absolutely nothing to do with their rankings. If they did, Shields would secure the takedown and dominate with far superior wrestling.

I totally agree with Condit being a dark horse. He's so underrated it blows my mind (which is why he's higher up on my list than Hardy). I have him beating Hardy, and continue to kick myself for only putting 20K on him to win.

Actual bottom line: Diaz being even close to top 5 is very debateable, and something of a stretch.

You underrate NIck Diaz far too much and overrate Hardy, Kampmann and Macdonald.

Nick is alot more dangerous than you're giving him credit for.

MMAForum.....You Know You Love It..

_RIVALS TOP 10

ANDERSON "THE SPIDER" SILVA
JAKE SHIELDS
NICK DIAZ
EDDIE ALVAREZ
JUNIOR "CIGANO" DOS SANTOS
GILBERT MELENDEZ
MAMED "THE CANNIBAL" KHALIDOV
HECTOR "SHANGO" LOMBARD
CAIN VELASQUEZ
GEGARD "THE DREAM CATCHER" MOUSASI