MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Judo or Freestyle Wrestling?

View Single Post

Old 10-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
mastodon2222
Bantamweight

mastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankingsmastodon2222 Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifora View Post
Hey I was just wondering what do you guys think I should learn (I'm going to do both but I'm thinking I should focus more on judo). Which one is better/more effective?

A little about me, I've been boxing for about 12 years so my hands are pretty good, I'm in awesome shape (good cardio, explosive, etc) and I just started doing jujitsu but I'm catching on quick.
Take the best of both - practice single and double legs, ,reversals and overall ground control in wrestling, but don't waste any energy on turning the guy over or "pins" cause they're not worth alot in MMA...big negative on Judo is how much they rely on the gi, so try to train some no-gi judo...I'm not an expert but just my 2 cents in training in both, good luck and have fun.
mastodon2222 is offline   Reply With Quote