MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - EA Sports MMA

Thread: EA Sports MMA
View Single Post

Old 10-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
TraMaI
"I <3 Trolls"

TraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrizzlyBear View Post
This game is amazing, the career mode is awesome starts you off slow so you can learn how to do everything before the fights actually start counting. Training at the other gyms is badass too, and you don't have to worry about stats dropping or resting before the fight. right now im fighting in Brazil with full Vale Tudo rules 1 20min round with everything legal.

The Achievements are really fun to get too, like "Beat Fedor in Fight Now on Legend Difficulty" it took me awhile but I took Fedor out with Werdum via TKO, I couldn't believe it, I had to save the highlight reel of it.

The Demo of this game does it no justice, the actual game play is way better.
100% agreed. Game is quite possibly better than Undispited...

Only problems I have are that the "takedown", "Advance Position" and "Attempt Submission" actions are all just single button presses. Maybe I'm just a jaded BJJ enthusiast, but that simplifies the ground game way, way too much. I can understand blocking attempts with a button but as far as guard passing, sub attempts and takedowns, they're highly complex maneuvers and their difficulty isn't captured well by pressing a button. I think that's something UFC did very, very well in capturing the complexity of the ground game.

For a first outing though, this game is tits.
TraMaI is offline   Reply With Quote