Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Rep? .... I dont get it

5K views 52 replies 22 participants last post by  Soojooko 
#1 ·
Seems like everybody is full green or full red. How are we supposed to tell who is what? Surely a full green bar should be like 1000000 rep points. At the moment, it looks like its 1000 for a full bar, which you can get if one of the mods farts on you accidentally.

I would love to know who the rep monsters are with 1 million plus rep. Only they should have the genitalia quivering status of a full green bar. By the same token, only the trolliest of trolls should have full red. Not some poor dude who once said GSP is ugly, or something like that.

Change the scale. Make it a bit more kudos worthy.

( probably as likely as MMA changing its scoring system )

#43 ·
yeah im really low on the totem pole as far as rep goes also so dont feel bad

i tend to not neg rep somebody unless the post is so bad that i dont care of the repricussions of them neg repping me back

toxic- is there anyway to shut down the rep system for a week and then get a couple staff members that have no life to go through and divide all the members rep by the same amount? it would get it back to somewhat how it used to be.

#44 ·
I'm a bit like that aswell, the system kinda works well because people don't piss off mods or other great members without thinking twice which I think contributes to a calm and clean board where sensible discussions can occur. I've never seen a proper discussion on UG or Sherdog without some trolls comming in to crash the party.

I however once negged Majortom505 and he turned it all into a short but nasty rep war with me. So when those things happen I think the rep system is not doing it's job. But it's like all systems, they have advantages and disadvantages.

#46 ·
The neg thing is taken too seriously. When I first joined, I used to neg people I liked!... in the name of banter and that. As you can imagine, that didn't go down very well with some members! Now, I simply don't neg anybody. In fact, its better to +rep the trolls with a nice message of calmness. It either mellows the conversation... or better yet, completely infuriates them leading to uber-trollisms = even more entertainment.

So... to summarize... I insult the people I like the most, and am nice to the dudes I dislike. Hmmm... maybe I need a re-think... maybe my rep wouldn't be so pathetic for a gentleman of my standing. ( usually lying down in a puddle of vomit actually )

#49 ·
Kinda blows my mind how much rep some people have... I've been a member over a year and have like... 300,000 rep. Guess I say mean things a lot....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.