Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Gaining weight?

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  edlavis88 
#1 ·
So I'm 17, 5'11 and a little under 130 lbs. I've been doing muay thai for a couple months and I've wrestled for my high school, both of +which have put on some muscle.

Now I'm really looking for ways to put on weight (preferably muscle weight, but im not opposed to bulking up a little bit), the problem is, it's always been hard for me to put on weight, no matter how much I eat, even if I stop working out completely, I just get out of shape but stay between 125-130.

So if anyone has any ideas that would help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

#2 ·
I am 5'7 but i have the exact same body and problems as you. The answer is ceatine mass gainer and eating and working out obviously. It just takes time, focus on going no higher than 6 reps and bench, squats, leg presses, rows, deadlifts anything that your whole body is engagin in somehow. Keep the calories around 4000 a day two weight gainer shakes make it easier but it is very hard for us hardgainers consistency is key. I was 122 i started lifting for a year straight and doing this routine although im only 130 now my entire posture has changed dramatically and i went from maxing 145 bench press to 230... good luck

#6 ·
I have a friend that put on about 25-30lbs of rip in about 9-10 months by just eating, lifting, and more eating. He had been lifting for 4-5 years and eventually figured out that he was burning too many calories to gain weight. As soon as he started stuffing himself at every meal and any chance he had in between meals he finally started gaining. Now eveyone one thinks he's on the juice:)It'll be tough but with a proper hog style diet and weights you'll put on some lbs. Good luck with it:thumbsup:

#7 · (Edited)
Haha yeah I've been trying to stuff myself every chance I get, but with school and everything it's tough carrying food everywhere (or at least enough for me to stuff myself), and finding time to eat it all.

I can kinda see it working, I haven't seen any significant growth yet but I've put on about a pound or two, so that's a start :p

Also as for shakes, I drink one every other meal, with food, so I'm getting a little extra protein per meal. I drink these Ensure (I think?) nutritional shakes, which don't taste too bad and they don't make me feel sick after eating like others do, so that's a plus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.