MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - sherdog fight finder vs other websites

View Single Post

Old 11-05-2010, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
I learned in school that Wikipedia is the single worst website you could ever put on the bibliography because of how openly edited it is. However, in terms of MMA I agree that is is the MOST reliable website.
Yeah, it's a bad idea to use wikipedia as a source. Use it as a database (for which it is amazing and nothing else like it exists), and then drill down into the sources it cites, and use those Even a textbook is only as good as it's sources.

But for MMA it's pretty safe. People don't often bother to make boring vandalizations, when they do they tend to be silly and obvious and get caught very quickly by editors.