MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - swpthleg's training log

View Single Post

Old 11-24-2010, 12:11 AM   #244 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Mon: No AM BJJ, moved to Tue. PM kickboxing was run by a kid who is one of the dojo's new black belts. He runs the class efficiently without going all John Kreese on us.
Tue: AM grappling was armbar drills, electric chair (love) and some live rolling. I had a girl partner who was not an experienced grappler, but a habitual runner and very strong. PM was a breakdown of shooting in for the double leg takedown, and some high scissor drills (scissor under, high leg over). This works the entire body and is a great warmup IMO. Prior to that, I warmed myself up with about 15 total minutes of interval jump roping.
Wed: AM grappling was a repeat of Tuesday. I had great, tough girl partners. There was a lot of transitioning, which we like b/c we want to move around and work. We're all still relatively new to JJ-type grappling, so we still work on posture and guard breaks a lot.
Thur, Fri, Sat: rested. Quads were more sore than they've been in months.
Sun: Karate was just kata and blocking/striking drills. So excited for more BJJ.

Sig Credit to Toxic

Last edited by swpthleg : 11-28-2010 at 11:59 PM.
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote