Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Protein Supplements with Creatine

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Scromaster 
#1 ·
I recently have been using Six Star Muscle Whey Protein and in it is a proprietary blend including creatine. I like the effects I've been getting from this stuff however I don't like the taste. I do however like the taste of Banana Muscle Milk.

As Muscle Milk doesn't have creatine in it can I or should I buy some creatine monohydrate to use with it?

If so does anyone know approx how much I can mix with it to mimic the Six Star blend?:confused02:

#3 ·
Well, Ive never heard of six star. I take my protein and creatine separately. I find stuff that tastes good also. Most Creatine NO products want you to take them on a empty stomach so they get into your system faster.

I take BSN No-Xplode-NT (New) right before I workout or train. Then I bring my milk with me to the gym. I mix in the protein into the milk and drink immediately after the gym. Thats when your body needs it the most.

Muscle milk is garbage! So much fat and sugar in it. I would stay away. Try Dymatize products for protiens that taste amazing. Their other products arent vary good, but the protein flavors are untouchable.

#4 ·
I hate the taste of six star products... but they are dirt cheap at walmart so its hard to resist... I also hate the fact that there is soo much sugar in their 'combo' stuff... so its like doubly bad, bad flavor and tons o extra empty calories.

I buy generic whey isolate and generic creatine... not as cheap as the six star stuff, but without the sugar. I also drop the creatine in hot water + green tea... creatine isnt water soluble so the hot water will help it hit ya better.. green tea will amp up your metabolism too

...at most you should probably be doing 15mg of creatine ... i sorta float between 5-10... depending if im doing resistance training or intervals.

#5 ·
Creatine supplementation has been shown to improve athletic performance and muscle mass in short high-intensity work-outs and have no effect in endurance activities. Anybody who is weight training and hoping to put on muscle needs to eat a diet that is high in protein. However, it can be extremely difficult to get an adequate amount of protein for muscle growth from diet alone.

#7 ·
That is correct. Creatine is oriented towards body building rather than endurance type activities. I tried doing NO-Xplode before training JJ and I would start of great, but 30 minutes into class I would be spent. I think it actually makes your endurance shorter due to the "Peak" type performance.

I use it every day prior to working out. I swear by it. Incredible gains.

And for the person that said "Creatine isnt good for your body".. Well, you body produces Creatine Naturally for muscle building and recovery. By supplimenting Creatine you are INCREASING your NATURAL Creatine levels, allowing for quicker recovery, better strength gains.. ETC.. If you take Creatine for an extended period of time, your body will stop producing its natural Creatine. That is why Creatine Suppliers recommend "cycling" on and off of Creatine. Just to ensure your body continues to produce natural occurring Creatine.

It is one of the better (legal) Bodybuilding suppliments out there, other than Protein.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.