Renato "Babalu" Sobral Interview
1. How are you preparing to the fight against Chuck Liddell?
I'm doing the same as I do for every fight, but maybe a little harder because we'll have five rounds of five minutes each and I want to be a 100% prepared for them.
2. Tell us a bit about your interchanges with other athletes/teams.
I'm training with Rodrigo Minotauro, Rogério Minotouro, Drago, Pézăo, athletes from the Top Team (BTT). They are old friends of mine, from many years... and this interchange helps because it's a different type of training that adds much to my regular one.
3. You're coming from a few victories over wrestlers. Did you change something to face a stricker as Chuck Liddell?
I've been training a lot of boxing, but my game is to put the opponent down the floor and finish it!
4. Your jiu-jitsu fighting way has been very praised. Was it your differential on the last fight you had with Chuck Liddell?
Besides jiu-jitsu, my differential is perhaps the psycological aspects I've worked on, as well as the strength I get from my new team.
5. With such an intense training rhythm is your weight ideal for the next fight?
I'm 5 Kg overweight, I'm training and I'll decrease my weight the weeks that preceed the fight.
6. Chuck Liddell has been giving some interviews for speciliazed magazines and says you're a complete fighter, but he'll knock you out. What do you have to say about that?
The only blow he'll give are three little ones on the floor.
7. What's your inspiration for this fight?
Chuck Liddell knocked me out. He's the only guy who really won over me with no doubts. My greatest inspiration is getting over this defeat.
8. When you're out of the rings how do you enjoy your free time?
I enjoy very much being with my daughter and dedicate time to her, but I also have a great time training!
9. Your special thanks...
To all the people that support me. My manager Carlo Malta, my medical doctor Ricardo Krause, the physiotherapist Jackeline Figueiredo and the webmaster Claudia Ruiz, who takes care of my site.
10. Leave your fans a quick note.
The return is of the Jedi!!!
i'm a monster
i'm a maven
i know this world is changin'
never gave in
never gave up
i'm the only thing i'm afraid of