MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Amateur female mma fighter here

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
G_Land
Roll Tide Roll

G_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF MaterialG_Land Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashes2Ashes View Post
Yeah my trainer set me up with some local fights but what I'm wondering is how people get beyond just the local fights and move on to bigger and better things. And eventually being signed by a major mma organization, which is my main goal. My biggest worry is spending several years working these local fights and never getting a chance to really prove myself. To be honest, most of the locals (men included) where I live aren't great fighters. I suppose I may have to consider moving to a different city/state to pursue this.

Thats something to take up with your trainer again. Tell him to step up the caliber of show. Where are you from? Get a couple more fights under your belt with a bigger promotion and go pro. Get your videos out to the bigger promotions and get some sponsors. Sometime you have to take it in your own hands.

Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline   Reply With Quote