Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Joe Rogan and the octogon

891 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  jU-iCe 
#1 ·
Ok, I have been paying close attention to Rogan. He has become progressivly more and more hinting at how much knowledge he has regarding MMA fighting technique. I am not taking any thing from the guy here, I do like what he has been doing in the line of "PR" for the UFC.

Does anyone else get the feeling he is gonna try and fight in the UFC one day? After seeing him roll with Rampage then listening to his comments on Couture coming out of retirement at such an "age" and still winning. I just get this feeling he is gonna try his chance in the octogon rather than ring side.

Any thoughts?

#4 ·
I never really thought about it. But he does train all the time and I'm sure he's a competitive guy. It'd be hard to keep that urge to fight down for long. I don't think we'd see him in the UFC, but I could definitely see him fighting in some small, local-type shows.

I'm not real sure of this, but with all the training he's done I'd be surprised if he hasn't done any grappling tournaments.

#6 ·
dutch sauce said:
lol no he wont do that. He has little mans syndrome. Has to try and act big and strong. And tries to show off what he knows.
This is the most untrue statment i have heard in awhile...Joe Rogan knows a lot about MMA...why you might ask?
1. He gets paid to call fights 1 or 2 times a month.
2. He is and was an avid fighter in Tae Kwon Do/Grappling.
3. He hangs out with REAL UFC FIGHTERS.

Now you may just have a issue with his personality, but to question his knowledge and relate it to ego is kinda short-sighted isn't it?

#7 ·
He doesnt fight but he does "sparr" all the time with MMA fighters, be it rampage, Randy etc. He does this for two things,

1) he actually enjoys the sport enough to sparr but not to fight

2) He also does it for homework. Lets face it, he has a job to do is prob paid well to do it. The ONLY way you can really know how to submit or in his job see how people 'might' be submitted is extremely advantagous to his job. You cant say "he is going for an arm-bar" if you really have never gone for one yourself.

#8 ·
I don't see him coming into the UFC for the first time at the age of 40. I know he trains and loves MMA, but I think he should just stick to commentating and Fear Factor. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.