MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - -1 vs. All Challenge- Nick Diaz should move to Middleweight to fight Mayhem

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
HitOrGetHit
WEC For Life

HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerShark1985 View Post
I was thinking about this before when reading a topic about Mayhem wanting at 182 catch-weight instead of 178.

The norm is really if a fighter is going to move weight for 1 fight for them to move up, moving down is more a long term or permanent chance fighters make usually.

On the flip side if I recall this all came about Mayhem calling out Diaz and since Diaz is the WW champ he does have some cause of debate making this situation unique in term that he does have good clause to want to stay at WW.

But in normal circumstances the unspoken correct course of etiquette almost, is for the smaller fighter to move in weight to test himself, look at Penn vs GSP, A.Silva vs Forest for examples, fighters who moved down like Bisping and Wandy did so on more permanent grounds.
Mayhem is trying so hard to get this fight because of the altercation that occured after Shields defended his title.

If Mayhem was just calling Diaz out then I would definitely say that Mayhem needs to meet halfway between the weights at the very least. But considering the circumstances, I think Diaz owes Mayhem a fight.

If Diaz is not going to go to middleweight, fine. But he needs to stop talking about fighting Mayhem and stop throwing things at Mayhem backstage and causing more and more drama between them.

Like I said, you can't pick on the bigger guy and then not fight the bigger guy.

"Don't be shocked that people die. Be surprised you're still alive."
HitOrGetHit is offline   Reply With Quote