MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Cliff Lee left 50 Million on table to return to Philadelphia !

View Single Post

Old 12-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
RudeBoySes
Flyweight

RudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud ofRudeBoySes has much to be proud of
Cliff Lee left 50 Million on table to return to Philadelphia !

All i can say is WOW!

it's a great time to be a Philadelphia Sport's fan. Almost a year today, the Phillies traded Cliff Lee to Seattle because they felt he would go after every dime on the open market as a free agent.

At the time, Cliff was devastated. He expressed this in every interview he gave. Not sure what it is about Philadelphia, that made such an impact on Cliff, for him to leave 50 million dollars, to return

The Phillies' fans had mutual feelings, they were outraged at the move. Ruben Amaro Jr, Phillies GM, took a lot of heat for the move. But i got to give him credit, he realized it was a mistake, and listened to his fan base. Went out, corrected his mistake not once, but twice. First during the season by acquiring Roy Oswalt mid season to bolster their lineup in preparation for their playoff run, and now resigning Cliff Lee. Props to him and the Phillies. Rarely do you see a winning organization spend money and acquire top free agents. Now if the Eagles would do the same!

Here's a great article that does a better job at explaining this shocker:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...7a4a78c22.html

-=[DROPBOX]=-
Do you need 2 GB of free online storage?

Last edited by RudeBoySes : 12-14-2010 at 01:38 PM.
RudeBoySes is offline   Reply With Quote