MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The Jab - Breaking Down the Basics

View Single Post

Old 12-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
myboxingcoach
MMA Fanatic

myboxingcoach has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hey Jeff

This is a very informative and interesting video and I think it's a great opportunity for the users of the forum. I'm a long time boxing coach and, like you, have created a series of videos which describe the skills of my chosen sport. Before we go any further, I have a great respect for the sport of MMA; anyone who climbs into an enclosed space with someone who wishes to do damage to them deserves all the respect in the world. Furthermore, I'm not taking a stance (no pun intended) of "Boxers know more about punching that MMA guys!", this is far too simplistic an assessment. I see this as a unique learning opportunity for myself and the users of the forum.

OK, below is a link to my description of the perfect boxing jab (forgive the brightness, the quality improves with subsequent videos!) Having looked at your video side by side with mine, there are both similarities and contradictions, it's very interesting. It would be good if either yourself or others on the forum could look at the two and we can discuss the reasons for the differences. It'll be interesting to see where we go! My sense is that it will come down to stance differences and the threat of imminent grappling or kicks...we'll see!

How to throw a boxing jab.

Cheers

Fran
myboxingcoach is offline   Reply With Quote